Three Easy Pasta Recipes to Make at Home or Away
These three simple pasta recipes are not only easy to whip up and devour, but include top quality ingredients from our favourite speciality food spots.
When your holiday calls for a night of home cooked food and a glass of fine vino, The Sebel has you covered. With most properties offering a fully-equipped kitchen, spending the evening whipping up a classic Italian pasta recipe with local ingredients will go down a treat.
Spaghetti and Meatballs
There’s nothing more romantic than Italian food. This recipe for classic spaghetti and meatballs is sure to satisfy.
To make Spaghetti and Meatballs:
1. Combine 300g mince, 1 small shredded carrot, ½ grated onion and 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley in a bowl. Roll mixture into balls and place on a large plate.
2. Cook 250g spaghetti in a large saucepan in salted boiling water. Drain when cooked.
3. Heat up oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook for 5 – 7 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
4. Add 1 jar of preferred pasta sauce and 125ml water to the meatballs and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
5. Place spaghetti in a bowl and top with meatballs. Sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese and enjoy!
For the freshest pasta in town these local haunts will have you going carb crazy. In Melbourne, visit the infamous Lygon Street known for its Italian roots with shops like DOC delicatessen. Visit Crown Street Grocer in Sydney, Golden Ravioli in Perth or score supreme spaghetti from Angelo’s Fresh Pasta Products in Brisbane.
Become a carbonara master while on holiday with this simple pasta recipe. This Italian favourite will make you feel warm and comfortable with each and every bite.
To make Spaghetti Carbonara:
1. Cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling salted water.
2. At the same time, in a deep frying pan heat 1 tbsp. oil in a frying pan on high heat. Cook 200g bacon for 5 minutes or until crispy. In the same pan, stir in 2 crushed garlic gloves for 1 minute. Sprinkle in 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley and remove pan from heat.
3. Next, in a jug whisk ½ cup thickened cream, 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk together. Add ¼ cup grated parmesan and pepper. Pour the cream mixture into the pan and mix.
4. Serve up spaghetti into bowls and top with ¼ cup grated parmesan and pepper to taste. For a little extra heat add fresh chilli or chilli flakes. Bon appetit!
For quality meats, check out Cannings Free Range Butchers in Melbourne or the most beautiful butcher shop in the world, Victor Churchill situated in Sydney. The Fremantle Markets in Perth and Brisbane Markets also come highly recommended for the freshest ingredients.
Seafood Pasta in White Wine
Seafood and wine is a match made in heaven. We reveal one of the best pasta recipes to make during your Sebel stay. Don’t forget to pour yourself a glass of white on the side to help you channel your inner chef.
To make Fettuccini Alfredo:
1. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water.
2. Melt 4 tbsp. unsalted butter in a large frying pan over medium to high heat. Cook 1 clove minced garlic for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
3. Add 100g of peeled prawns and cook through for 2 to 3 minutes. Toss in approximately 150g mussels, 150g clams and 1/3 cup white wine.
4. Add jar of clam sauce, cover and cook for 5-7 more minutes. Next, add spaghetti and cook on low heat for another 5 minutes.
5. Dish up and enjoy!
Take your cooking to the next level with fresh, local catches. The bustling Sydney Fish Market is packed full of delectable seafood, and the iconic Fish Factory in Brisbane is sure to impress with its extensive range.